Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pattaya – Travel with a Group

This is my friend Pavel Hernandez’s travel experience.

Our company is good to us. We can travel to Pattaya for free! I have got this message for over half a year, so I have enough time to search about it. Pattaya is a small city near Bangkok. Yes, it has to be near Bangkok, because Thailand is not a so big country as China. By the way, I am not a Chinese. You can see it from my name. I was born in Chile, but I have been working in China for over 6 years.

Our flight takes off at 23:00 and will arrive in Bangkok at 00:40, local time. We arrived on time. Although we are in south China, but it still surprises us to wear shorts in April.

We got up at 8:00. You have to get up on time if you choose to travel with a tour group. In the dinner hall, we hear Chinese, and Chinese, and perhaps my local dialect. My group mate asks me:” Are we in Thailand?”… Good question. People in other countries often call Chinese “walking wallet”. You will strongly doubt whether China is still a developing country when you see so many Chinese are traveling and shopping all around the world.

Menam River Cruise

Today we travel inside Bangkok. The first activity is Menam River cruise. It is really fantastic! I can see almost every major architecture in Bangkok during the cruise. Then a group of fish comes to us. The owner of the boat sells us bread to feed the fish. They are so big that I think what they want to eat are live animals, but not bread. I can even see their teeth clearly! Several deluxe boats came into view. Our guide told us these boats are used to celebrate the birthday of the King of Thailand.
Fish fighting for bread


There is a lady boy show in the afternoon. There are some adult content, so I don’t share in my post.

Songkran Festival

The Songkran Festival is like China’s Water-Splashing Festival. People splash water to each other and smear a kind of mud made by the local people onto other people’s faces. It is harmless, so when I thanked the buddy who did it to my face. The festival is really necessary, otherwise everyone would be dried by the sun. On our way to Pattaya, lots of kids are splashing water to our bus. How happy they are!
Songkran Festival


Pattaya Beach

I really can’t believe what I see on the beach of Pattaya. Russian tourists planted their national flag on the beach. It means they like the beach very much, but it can also mean they own the beach… Normally, tourists want to enjoy the sunshine on the beach, but I am scared by the sun in Thailand. What I want to do is lying in any shadow I can find. In fact I love the sea. It is the type of tour who switched me off. I WILL NEVER JOIN A TOUR GROUP FROM NOW ON, even if it is free. I have to follow our guide’s order in a tour group. This make me tired very soon.

The highlights is the diner on the beach. I never saw so big shrimps and crabs before!


Miscellaneous
Thailand is a Buddhist country. I can see Buddha in every lobby of the hotels we stay. However, I don’t understand why there are so many red-light district in a Buddhist country…



No comments:

Post a Comment