Thursday, August 8, 2013

West Sea Canyon Hiking

Almost every tourist attraction in Mount Huang is full of travelers during high tourist seasons, except the West Sea Canyon. It is because hiking is the only way to travel to the canyon. Most tourists will be scared by the steep and long steps in the canyon

I nearly became one of them. I did not know there is a West Sea Canyon when I traveled to the Mount Huang. I went to the mount just because I was too tired to continue my work. I needed to relax.

I still remember how I discover the canyon by accident. I have been walking on the Mount Huang for a whole day. Suddenly the entrance to the canyon emerges. Like most tourists, I don’t want to enter it when I see so long and long and long steps, but there is an old Chinese saying “The most beautiful views are always located in the steepest peaks”. So I decided to try it. I will stay on the Mount Huang for two days. If the canyon is really worth to visit, I can go just a short distance today and visit again tomorrow. Thank goodness! I made the decision. The views changes completely when I pass the first curve. The pines and rocks are surrounded by clouds, which makes I feel I am in paradise. The tender rain and breeze keep touching my face, just like mother’s hand. It is almost night now. I have to go back. See you tomorrow, little canyon.



I searched on the internet in my hotel room. The canyon is liked by every tourist who has ever traveled to the canyon. Hiking in the canyon usually take 4 to 5 hours. It is good to me. I will check if the canyon is really as beautiful as travel forums say tomorrow. The rain is a little heavier and wind is much stronger this time, however it is not enough to force to give up. Some tourists are stopped in front of a cliff. The wind is much stronger and the rain is much heavier here. They tell me they even can’t open their eyes. I encourage them to go with me. I don’t know when I will go back to the Mount Huang, perhaps never. I don’t want to regret when I go home. Fortunately, all of us decide to continue and both the wind and rain are getting weaker after we passed the cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment